Is it possible for a hero to lose hope merely because of poor health conditions? Celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Kate Middleton, and Olivia Cooke have battled eczema and never disappointed.
Nearly half of all children and 3% of all adults suffer from eczema or dermatitis. The symptoms and severity vary from person to person and are often worse at night. Affected individuals must learn to manage the symptoms.
It’s a constant struggle for most sufferers to cope with their symptoms. Here are some tips for dealing with eczema, some celebrities who suffer from it, and some tips for preventing it.
Table of Contents
Brad Pitt has Eczema, but he is a fashion icon 😎
“Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”
It’s no secret that Brad Pitt suffers from Eczema like many of us. During his career, Brad Pitt has starred in 28 films and been nominated for three academy awards. For a film called “the curious case of Benjamin button,” he had to cover his skin through heavy makeup for overall shooting.
Cate Blanchett disclosed she had given him some skin cream to treat his irritation.
“We underwent three weeks of makeup testing, and he got eczema from it all,” Cate told the Daily Record.
She further added.
“He and Angelina went around the table trying different creams after I had this girlie talk with him. Brad is so talented and generous.“
Brad Pitt told about those days,
“Angelina helped me with the properties and creams to cover this condition in the shooting”.
Many cosmetic products contain synthetic ingredients that can negatively affect the skin, especially if you have a problem with the skin. Be sure to check the ingredient list for these types of goods before applying them to your skin to prevent itching and other skin problems.
If you suffer from extremely dry skin or Eczema, we have a range of products range that may be helpful to you.
Brad Pit Skin Care Routine and Tips
- For his dry and mature skin, Pitt prefers to use La Mer Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream each night.
- A lightweight cleansing fluid that removes dirt and impurities, Lancome Ultimate Cleansing Gelnhg is used morning and night.
- Brad applies an eye serum every night, paying particular attention to fine lines and dark circles. Enhanced with Ginseng, the Biotherm Homme Yeux Anti-Fatigue Cold Eye Serum refreshes the eye area and relieves daily stress.
- Brad swears by the Christian Dior Homme Dermo System After Shave Lotion after shaving for movie roles since it boosts cell regeneration and gives skin a youthful appearance.
- THE COLOGNE: Aside from being their brand ambassador, Mr. Pitt is also a genuine fan of Chanel Bleu De Chanel Eau De Toilette Spray, a fresh, clean, and profoundly sensual scent, which he wears at all times.
Kate Middleton An Innocent Kitty 😇
The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton has captured the world’s attention. Perhaps a lesser-known fact about Kate is that she suffers from eczema, a skin condition afflicting millions of people worldwide.
She suffered from eczema when she was a teenager. During Kate’s time at Downe House girls’ boarding school, Jessica Hay reported that she was severely bullied. She told CelebNow.
‘It didn’t help that she was so tall and self-conscious about her eczema,’
During Kate’s childhood, she suffered from visible eczema flare-ups, which contributed to her bullying.
Research has shown that children with moderate and severe atopic dermatitis are more likely to suffer from anxiety and low self-esteem, negatively impacting their schoolwork and friendships,
What Kate loves to Apply On Face
- Kate Middleton has a favorite eczema cream for soothing dermatitis, eczema, and dry patches, leaving her skin soothed and protected. You can use it around the eyes, on lids, and on sensitive skin.
- : Biolutin’s Supreme skin gel is her choice. She applies to the face as a soothing lotion, which also helps to reduce wrinkles as well.
- : The serum she prefers is RMS Beauty Kakadu having a special ingredient that is vitamin C. It is her nighttime facial treatment, which is formulated with camellia, chia, bitter cherry, strawberry, and pomegranate seed oils. A few drops of this anti-inflammatory elixir brighten your complexion and it can also be applied under makeup or on-the-spot blemish treatment.
Olivia Cooke Performs in a movie with eczema 😮
While on a press tour for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, the Manchester-born actress revealed to Into The Gloss that she was suffering from eczema.
‘My eczema was just raging. Now it’s not too bad but I really had to focus on what products I was using.’
Her skincare routine is very minimal, according to Cooke. At night, she only uses a blemish-controlling face wash and toner and moisturizer.
The actress was stressed and had Eczema when she auditioned for the movie, The Fault in Our Stars. The actress went into the audition without putting on makeup or washing her hair for three days. Because she was auditioning for a cancer role, she decided it would be best to look sick.
‘I had eczema all over my face—I get it in moments of stress—and I was like, ‘Great! I’ll use it!’ So I didn’t wash my hair for three days and went into the audition with no makeup whatsoever.’
Olivia does not seem to be too concerned about her condition. She seems to be doing well with her routine.
Olivia’s skincare products are amazing, listed below.
- Organic USDA Certified Pure Rosehip Seed Oil, Excellent For Moisturizing Face, Hair, Skin & Nails by Radha Beauty
- With the Facialift you can reproduce Sarah Chapman’s exclusive Skinesis facial massage technique. With this innovative device, you can receive the results of a professional facial at home.
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Facial Cleanser Mild creamy face, effectively removes makeup, oil, dirt, bacteria, and even acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- CeraVe moisturizers with SPF are hydrating facial lotions that spread easily, absorb quickly, and dry smoothly. Apply Cerave AM after you apply eye cream, moisturizer, or serum.
Adele Always smiling 😊
Did you know Adele also suffering from eczema? Well, when Adele became a mother, her eczema flared up. This beautiful singer told:
The exhaustion is overwhelming. I experienced that as a result of becoming a mother. I have eczema from boiling bottles.
Actually, she was affected by contact dermatitis. Perhaps she is allergic to the preservatives in her baby wipes!
Well, certain substances can trigger contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis improves when the irritating substance is identified and avoided.
In a study carried out by the BMJ (formerly known as the British Medical Journal), it was shown that contact dermatitis has the potential to have a ‘detrimental’ impact and can even compromise the ability to work for some sufferers.
Additionally, florists, hairdressers, beauticians, cooks, and healthcare-related careers are particularly susceptible to contact dermatitis.
Check out the styles below to recreate her style.
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad is her go-to eyeshadow plate for achieving multiple looks, from a bold smokey eye to a sultry slash of color, and everything in between
- Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara Makeup. With its lash-care action, it helps to maintain the shape, coverage, and volume of lashes.
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner. Her makeup artist prefers the Bobbi Brown brand for various makeup items. This gel liner has the precision of liquid liner but is water-proof. Colors stay true for long hours, giving it a subtle and dramatic appearance.
Nicole Kidman Skin Like Snow White 😍
American-born actress and producer Nicole Mary Kidman grew up in Australia. Numerous accolades have been bestowed upon her including an Academy Award, and a British Academy Film Award,
The fair skin of Nicole Kidman makes her one of the most enviable in Hollywood, but like other people with fair skin, she is prone to allergies and sensitivities. Her raw-red hands were a clear indication that she also battles with the incurable skin condition, as eczema can leave sufferers’ skin red, cracked, and even bleeding.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation SPF 24 to moisturize her skin. It provides sheer-to-medium coverage with hydration benefits and maintains a beautiful finish for hours by resisting dullness and wear.
- Créme de La Mer, Moisturizing cream 2OZ: A revitalizing moisturizer for the face. The product is rich in marine properties, vitamins, and vital ingredients. It dissolves instantly into the skin thanks to its fine texture
- 4 fl oz 100% Pure Calendula Infused Oil. As an excellent aid for skin conditions in many areas, calendula oil applied topically soothes the itching of eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. It also helps relieve pain associated with the athlete’s foot, ringworm, and jock itch.
Overview of Eczema
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) causes your skin to become purple and itchy. People of all ages can suffer from it. Chronic atopic dermatitis flares periodically and then sink. There may be bronchial asthma or hay fever associated with it.
Atopic dermatitis does not have a known treatment. Nevertheless, self-care measures can soothe itching and protect you from new outbreaks. Keeping away from harsh soaps and different irritants, applying medicated lotions or ointments, and moisturizing your skin are some examples.
People with Atopic Dermatitis (eczema) experience a wide range of symptoms and signs, including:
- Mostly at night, there is intense itching.
- Raised, small bumps, which could also leak fluid and crust over if scratched.
- Skin that’s thickened, cracked, dry, and scaly
- It appears as red, brownish-grey, or rust-colored patches, mainly on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the elbow creases and knees, and, in toddlers, on the face and scalp.
- Scratched skin that’s raw, sensitive, and swollen
Changing your diet for eczema
Foods to Eat
- Omega-3 fatty acids are found in oily fish and can help reduce inflammation inside the body. Among them are salmon, herring, albacore tuna, mackerel, and sardines.
- Flavonoids, an anti-inflammatory compound, are found in colorful fruits and vegetables, such as apples, broccoli, cherries, spinach, and kale.
- Probiotic foods are those that contain bacteria, promoting good digestive health. A few examples are yogurt (curd) with live cultures, miso soup, and tempeh. Additionally, fermented foods and drinks such as kefir, kombucha, and sauerkraut contain probiotics.
Avoid these foods
What you eat may not directly reason Eczema. However, it can cause a growth in symptoms. You will experience this if you eat a food to which you are allergic or otherwise sensitive.
Among the most common food allergies are:
- Products made from dairy
Moreover, preservatives and synthetic chemicals may increase signs. Margarine, processed foods, and fast foods are examples of foods excessive in trans fats.
Sugary foods may cause flare-ups of dermatitis. Sugar spikes insulin levels, irritating the skin.
Sugar is commonly found in the following items:
- A few smoothies
- Fast food items, like burgers,
- Some coffee drinks
- Some sodas
Using natural remedies to treat Eczema/ Dermatitis
1: Take a couple of drops of organic cold-pressed coconut oil
Coconut oil comes in many forms, but organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is perfect for soothing eczema flare-ups. To absorb the coconut oil, apply it to the eczema mark and massage it thoroughly. In case you regularly apply this oil, you’ll notice the effects within a week or two.
2: A Beneficial Weed in the Garden – Chickweed
Eczema-prone skin is thought to respond very well to the soothing effects of chickweed. You can use chickweed oil in your bath to relieve eczema as effectively as chickweed cream, ointment, or infusion. Add a tablespoonful to your bucket while bathing.
3: It is beneficial to consume Burdock Tincture
Burdock is also a home remedy for itching. Burdock promotes the excretion of toxins from the body through the bowels and urine. In addition to healing eczema, this facilitates the recovery of many skin conditions.
Toxins are believed to be the primary cause of eczema. Taking 4 ml of burdock tincture three times a day can have a significant effect.
4: Taking goldenseal powder
Various studies have shown that Goldenseal Powder is highly effective in treating eczema symptoms and signs. Either blend with honey and eat it or mix with warm water and then apply to the affected area.
5: Ointment with calendula
Alternative treatments that may also be used to treat it include calendula ointment, compresses, or tea. Dry skin affected by dermatitis has shown relief from blistering, flaking, and itching with these products.
6: Chamomile Tea Can Calm You
It is desirable to take chamomile tea before retiring to bed as it promotes rest and reduces inflammation from allergies. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory and soothing effects when applied topically.
7: 3 cups of red clover tea per day
Also, red clover is an effective home remedy that can be used to cleanse the whole body. Additionally, this helps prevent eczematous stress by fighting infection. Three cups of red clover tea a day or 500 milligrams of red clover are very beneficial.
Dermatitis affects roughly 1 in 10 adults worldwide, and yes, celebrities are not excluded.
Skin with eczema appears dry, has red patches, cracks, and becomes lethargic. According to the NHS, 1 in 12 adults suffers from this condition. The term eczema refers to a group of diseases, where atopic eczema is the most common type.
Even though some regard celebrities as nearly untouchable gods, we should remember that they are just regular people like us. As much as anyone else, people can develop or be born with challenging health conditions. It is possible to soothe itching with many medical and home remedies