Do you need a concealer that will help you cut the crease? These are the top concealers for eyeshadow cut crease that we have hunted, applied, analyzed, and tested for hours. We all know that today, it is one of the most popular makeup looks for parties, weddings, or any other special event.
This is when you cut across the crease of your eyelid with makeup (normally concealer or foundation). You will be amazed at the results since your eyes will look more open and dimensional with a cut crease.
A cut-crease eyeshadow technique can sound complicated, but once you master it, it will become a staple in your makeup repertoire. Let’s explore.
Table of Contents
Features of concealers for cut creases
- Full coverage concealers have a thicker formula than foundations and eye primers
- The best way to conceal dark circles is with a liquid concealer
- Long-lasting and does not crease!
- It is recommended that you choose a long-wearing, matte concealer
- Cut creases should be covered with a light or white concealer.
Best Ever concealer we pick for eyeshadow cut crease
- Yes Yes, it is a lightweight, full-coverage liquid concealer. So making cut crease easier.
- Adding this to your makeup bag will transform your undereye area.
- Apply it before eyeshadow and finally apply this concealer again for a beautiful cut crease.
- Nice creamy texture and didn’t leave your skin looking ashy even on dark skin.
- It is neither bulky nor oily, and it stays put! We find moderation.
- No matter what you have planned, Super Stay® Full Coverage Under-Eye Concealer will transform the look of tired eyes.
- An easy-to-apply paddle applicator makes it easy to apply this full-coverage yet lightweight concealer.
- Concealer for under the eyes that is waterproof, transfer- and smudge-resistant, and lasts up to 24 hours you can easily blend it via a finger or, applicator.
√Lightweight, Long lasting
√ Available in 12 colors
√ Paddle applicator included
√ Reasonable price
ø Little thick
- This concealer is a holy grail placed by L’Oreal Paris. In addition to being the world’s largest cosmetics company, it has developed activities in the fields of hair color, skincare, make-up, perfumes, etc.
- The waterproof nature of this concealer makes it ideal for cutting creases (especially on oily lids) and setting your eyeshadows for the whole day!
- Up to 24 hours of a flawless matte finish and full coverage and brighten.
- You can also use this full-coverage formula on the body
- The brand calls the concealer “More Than Concealer,” since it can also be used as a matte highlighter and contour.
- Our experience with the L’Oreal Infallible Concealer was that it offers full coverage with just a few dots, a creamy, easy-to-blend formula, and 8 hours of solid coverage.
√ 25 Unique Shades
√ Lightweight, breathable, long wear
√ Reasonable price
ø Apply a small amount on the eye since it’s very thick and dry quickly
There is no need to introduce this concealer. Our charming and beautiful Jennifer Aniston personally recommends this, so we are sure to try it. Clé de Peau Beauté’s scientists discovered Skin Intelligence while conducting this intensive research. This led them to develop their philosophy and approach.
With this discovery in mind, Clé de Peau Beauté has dedicated itself to the development of innovative products that enhance Skin Intelligence. In order to reveal your skin’s true radiance, they search for new ingredients and create effective formulas.
Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer SPF 25 is 15 time InStyle Best in Beauty Award Winner
- This iconic multi-purpose concealer stick is beloved for its seamless finish, full coverage, and smooth texture.
- The moisturizing properties of super hyaluronic acid boost suppleness. A creamy texture blends easily into raised skin and adheres effectively.
- Dark spots, under-eye circles, and blemishes are flawlessly concealed by a light-absorbing formula that blurs imperfections.
- Its high-performance coverage, luxurious feel, and seamless finish make it a favorite among beauty experts and fans all over the world.
- What we like most is the Luminizing Complex EX with precious platinum golden silk and pearl elements which works amazingly well. In addition to moisturizing and retexturizing skin, it reduces the appearance of damage caused by environmental stress.
- Formulated as a thin layer, this foundation provides smooth application and precise coverage for even skin tone, dark spots, and dark circles.
- Last but not least is the protection against oxidation provided by Chestnut Rosa Fruit and Green Tea Extract.
√Provides full coverage
√ Seamless finish
√ Rich moisture that melts
into skin without creasing
√ Shields the sensitive skin
around the eyes
√ Luminizing Complex EX
ø Despite being a little expansive, this is really effective
We tried another super concealer that caught our team’s attention. And yes, LA Girl PC PRO is one of the holy grails of concealers. L.A. Girl Cosmetics strives to bring artistry to life through its prestige-quality color cosmetic products – perfect for makeup users of all levels, from beauty enthusiasts to novices.
- The brush-tip applicator, which makes placement easier than ever, gets a thumbs up from one of our members. Simply squeeze the product into the brush and apply as needed.
- The creamy and lightweight texture creates a natural-looking, barely-there look and provides all-day wear.
- This product is part and parcel of many professionals’ makeup kits. It is recommended to use it confidently for highlighting, eyeshadow base, contouring, and of course cut creasing.
- By concealing dark circles under the eyes, reducing redness, and eliminating hyperpigmentation, you can stress less and slay more just like the PROs.
√Power formula that resists creases
√ An applicator with a brush tip
√ Suitable for all skin types
√ A vast shade range
√ Creamy, lightweight texture
√ Fragrance-free, easy to spread
√ Full coverage, not greasy
ø In spite of many shades, the light color range ideal for cut creases is relatively small.
A breakthrough was achieved by American physician Dr. Craig Roberts in 1981.
You know dear, we prefer to include this product here, mainly because it is a creation of frustration. Haha
Dr. Craig Roberts’s frustration with skincare’s limitations led him to turn to makeup to help his patients. Flori Roberts, his makeup artist wife, formed a partnership with him.
Dermablend Professional was created at the intersection of dermatology and makeup artistry. Using high-performance pigments and dermatological standards, they created products that are safe for all skin types, tones, and conditions.
- The creamy and lightweight texture creates a natural-looking, barely-there look and provides all-day wear.
- 5 color shades are there, so pick as per your skin color.
- Liquid concealer to cover skin imperfections. All-day hydration.
- Ophthalmologist-tested for safe under-eye use.
- This liquid concealer helps to cover skin imperfections.
- Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Concealer provides up to 16 hours of smudge- and transfer-resistant coverage with a smooth, hydrating formula.
- With its creamy texture and buildable coverage, it covers rosacea, redness, dark under-eye circles, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars completely.
- You feel Ultra-smoothing, never cakey or mask-like.
- A very small amount of this medium-coverage concealer provides almost complete coverage with just one apply precision placement is possible with a wand applicator, so touch-ups are effortless.
√Dermatologist-tested for safety
√ All-day hydration
√ It works well over a moisturizing eye cream
√ Sensitive skin-tested
√ Non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic,
and fragrance-free formula
√ Very lightweight and blend able
ø Hardly any
What Color Concealer Should I Use For A Cut Crease?
Choosing the right concealer shade to cut your crease will depend on your desired look.
In general, a light concealer works best for cutting creases. Under your eyes, you can use the one you normally use or one that is even lighter.
Concealing your shadows with a white concealer will really make them pop. Additionally, you can use your regular concealer shade or your foundation if you are doing a less dramatic and simple (in color) cut crease eyeshadow.
You may also find it helpful to use a concealer that minimizes pigmentation changes rather than one that matches your skin tone. Pink concealers would be best for light-skinned individuals.
To minimize dark eyelids, try a peach–tinted concealer if you have dark skin. Most makeup stores sell concealers that minimize pigmentation.
Concealer As An Eyeshadow Primer:
That’s good. You don’t need to buy another product. Concealer is as effective as eyeshadow primer bought from a store. You just want a light, liquid concealer that smooths on lids easily but isn’t too moist.
Concealer with full coverage and a long-lasting formula usually has a great consistency. Hence, it will work for a cut crease on your eyelids too, to enhance your beauty.
Apply a small amount of concealer with your finger and pat it into the center of your clean, dry eyelid. Apply it gently to the inner corner of the eye, and then to the outer corner. A seamless, natural-looking finish is achieved by blending concealer into the crease and extending it up toward the brow.
To smooth out any creases or missed spots, pat your finger over them. To ensure your concealer adheres properly, apply your first layer of eyeshadow immediately after applying it. Put on some eyeshadow and forget about it. It will look great all day long.
Are there different types of concealers?
A cut crease is achieved by applying a lighter shade of eyeshadow along the middle crease of your eyelid, followed by a line (or “cut”) across the crease.
As a standalone effect, the look enlarges your eyes and draws more attention to your lid colors, but it isn’t limited to that. The cut crease looks great when paired with cat eyeliner and false lashes. Of course, you’ll be able to transform your eye makeup with this fantastic, yet simple technique.
Concealers come in a variety of types and formulations. To help you better understand how concealers work, we will examine the three basic types of concealers available on the market.
1: The stick concealer
Out of the main types of concealers, stick concealers are the most concentrated. Stick concealers are also highly pigmented, so they offer a lot of coverage.
With stick concealers, you can apply concealer precisely where you need it. Place the concealer right where you want to conceal a specific area.
Concealer sticks, however, may crease in specific areas like the under-eye area. Stick concealers usually crease on the face because they tend to be too dry, and they don’t sit nicely on fine lines or wrinkles.
2: Cream Concealer
A cream concealer is a step closer to hydration compared to a stick concealer.
In addition, cream concealers are very pigmented as well, similar to stick concealers. People with dry or combination skin may choose a cream concealer to add moisture to their skin.
If you want to conceal imperfections, cream concealers offer high coverage. However, they can be hard to blend out and aren’t great for all areas of your face, like under your eyes.
Cream concealers under the eyes are prone to creasing. You need a thin layer of concealer under your eyes, enough to cover your dark circles but not so thick that it gets onto your fine lines.
Cream concealers are ideal for;
- Skin that is normal, dry, or sensitive.
- Prefer your own coverage, from medium to full.
- Great for the under-eye area.
- Melasma (also known as pregnancy mask) or birthmarks can be concealed with this product.
3: Liquid Form
Concealer liquids are among the most popular products on the market. Unlike a cream or stick, it has a thick consistency like a foundation.
Since they work on all areas of your face, liquid concealers are the most versatile. They are easily buildable so that you can achieve a medium to full coverage look.
Contrary to cream and stick concealers, liquid concealers are ideal for covering your under-eye area and lid area as well. Hense better for a cut crease. These concealers can conceal dark circles while highlighting your features.
With a good liquid concealer, you can prevent creasing easier. One advantage of liquid concealers is that they are less likely to clog your pores. Liquid Concealer’s lightweight formula allows your skin to breathe while offering high levels of coverage.
Q1: What Product Can I Use Instead Of A Concealer For Cut Crease?
Ans: You can use an eyeshadow primer instead of concealer for cutting a crease. It has medium coverage and long-lasting wear.
Q2: What happens if you apply concealer before foundation?
Ans: Generally, if you apply concealer before foundation, the concealer will start creasing or the pimple will show through. You can give the concealer more time and set everything in place by applying it last.
Q3: Do men have concealer?
Ans: Everybody can wear makeup! Men can also use the same concealer as women, so go for it!