If you want a defined pout, you must first choose a concealer that matches your skin tone. Make sure it has the same finish as your foundation so it blends seamlessly with the rest of your makeup. Use one with a matte formula, like L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer Waterproof, Full Coverage.
As Millie explains:
“Concealer or foundation acts as a base for lipstick to adhere to, which will help lipstick stay on longer. Another added benefit of concealer is that it cancels out your lip’s natural hue, which can alter the appearance of lipstick color.“
You can use concealer not only to cover acne and other blemishes but also for other beauty tasks. Try covering your lips with a coat of concealer if you love the natural look of nude makeup. Concealer can be worn by itself to give lips a paler appearance, or it can be applied before lipstick for a lighter appearance. A nude pencil liner and gloss will create a sheer, neutral color that lasts all day.
How To Use Concealer For Defined Lips
- Exfoliate your lips before applying concealer. Before applying lipstick or concealer, exfoliate your lips so that any dead skin cells will be removed and your lips will feel smoother.
- Brush your lips gently with a damp toothbrush in circular motions, then rub them gently with a damp towel.
- A concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone and one shade darker than your skin tone will be enough to properly define your lips.
- Using a small amount of concealer from the tube, apply it to your blemishes. Outline your cupid’s bow and the outer thirds of both your upper and lower lips. To make your lips appear fuller, outline just outside of your natural lip shape.
- Make sure your lip concealer outline looks seamless by using a makeup sponge like the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender to bounce it across your lips. If the concealer falls on your lips, don’t worry, you’ll be covering them with color later.
- To nude out pink or red tones on your lips, apply concealer over them before applying lipstick. Using this method ensures that your lip color looks the same on your lips as it does in the packaging; otherwise, the pink or red tones will alter how it appears on your lips.
- The lightweight concealer will provide a long-lasting finish and neutralize your lip color, making your actual lip color more visible. Apply a bit of matte finish foundation or concealer to lips before lipstick to prevent spills and smudges.
Can Concealer Be Used To Get Nude Lips?
Yes, my dear. Let’s do this together!
- Apply a little concealer with your finger or with a lip brush. Both liquid and solid concealers work equally well.
- Pat the concealer onto your lips, then smooth it into your lips and along your lip lines.
- Line your lips with a nude lip pencil. Make the first stroke on the part of your upper lip that curves. Then continue the line on either side of the curve.
- Fill in the center of your lower lip line. Draw a line from the center outward to almost every corner of your mouth. If you draw over the concealer a bit, it will help the lip liner blend in better with your lip color.
- Smooth the liner out with a thin lip brush. It will appear more natural this way.
Your naked lipstick can be applied directly from the tube or using a small lip brush. Once the lip liner is finished, you shouldn’t be able to see it.
- Use a sheer peach gloss or a clear gloss if you do not want to add more color to your lips.
6 lipstick mistakes you’re probably making
Applying lipstick on chapped lips:
If your lips are chapped, applying lipstick will make them look patchy in some areas. These patches appear because the product collects in the dry areas, which makes the lipstick look uneven. Maintain hydration and smooth out your lips with medicated lip balm or oil.
You never exfoliate your lips:
Keeping your lips exfoliated is as important as exfoliating your face. You can remove dead skin from your lips using a good lip scrub.
Not using lip liner :
Lip liner is not just for the nineties! You need to update your beauty routine! Lip lining has become popular again thanks to Kylie Jenner, so this is definitely not a lipstick mistake. In fact, it’s a lipstick MUST! You actually make your lips appear fuller and bigger when you correctly line them. You can apply lipstick smoothly and easily with lip liner without having to worry about it bleeding. Lip contouring is, however, the better choice.
Too dark lip liner :
Make sure your lip liner complements your lipstick color unless you want a 90s look. Make sure you color the entire lip with lip liner first, then blend in your lipstick toward the edge of your lip liner. Look for lip liner that matches the shade of your lipstick.
Your lipstick shade is wrong:
A common lipstick mistake is picking the wrong shade for your skin tone. You need to choose a lip color that suits your skin tone just as you do with your foundation. If you choose the wrong shade, your face may look too pale, while the right shade will make your face appear brighter. If you have fair skin, you should avoid shades that are too light or have too much yellow undertone. If you have darker skin, stay away from shades that are too pale or nude.
You’re applying too much lipstick:
Too much lipstick will easily smear on your glasses, clothes, and even your teeth. To avoid excess lipstick, blot the lipstick with tissue paper after application. You can avoid lipstick on teeth by putting your index finger in your mouth and pulling it quickly out. Your finger will collect excess lipstick.
Q: Why do we use lip concealer?
Lip concealers are used to reduce excess redness, conceal dark spots and blemishes, and even out skin discoloration. It can also be used as a primer for lipstick to make the color more intense.
Q: Is concealer safe for lips?
Yes it is absolutely fine. Apply the lip concealer with a blending applicator or your finger, making sure not to leave any uneven spots. Allow it to dry and then apply your lipstick.
Q: How do i choose a lip concealer?
It’s like choosing a foundation. Pick a concealer that matches your natural skin tone.